“So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu,
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu.”
Okay, so maybe breaking out in The Sound of Music song & dance would not bring tears to everyone’s eyes, but saying goodbye to your sorority seniors can make for an emotional and sentimental event. These women recruited you, mentored you, and introduced you to Greek life at your university. It is time to honor and thank them.
Here are some cool ideas to help make your Senior Night or Senior Send-Off truly meaningful:
- Reminisce. Pick a couple of women to say a few words about each senior. This may be their Little, a good friend, or someone that the senior sister shared a special bond with. You could even try to invite her Big to the night.
- Gifts. As sorority girls we have been given sorority mementos since Bid Day, so why stop the tradition on their last collegiate event? Please note that these gifts should be different than the ones they have received over the last few years. They have enough sorority t-shirts, notepads, etc. Pick out something that is unique to seniors. One of our favorite senior gifts is stoles/cords for graduation day with your sorority’s colors or letters.
- Slideshows.A montage of pictures and songs are a great way to send off your seniors with memories of their college years.
- Ritual. Check out your sorority’s ritual manual and see if there is a ceremony dedicated to this night. This could be a touching way to remind everyone of the heritage the members share.
- Tradition. If there is something your chapter does every year for their seniors, keep it up! There is nothing like a simple tradition that keeps on giving. It means a lot to the women that traditions are passed on after they leave.
Overall, it is important to focus the night on the guests of honor, your seniors. Of course, It will be sad to say goodbye, but it is important to recognize the seniors as they move on to their next phase in life.
Share with us what your sorority has done to say goodbye to your seniors.
Casey, Kate & Rachel
© 2012, Sorority Ever After. All rights reserved.